The Castle Avon 5 features twin Castle 150mm Woven Carbon Fibre cone drivers in a Transmission Line (TL) tuned to 32Hz. In room the Avon 5 achieves a bass extension (-6dB) down to 30Hz making it a truly wideband loudspeaker.
The efficiency of the TDTL technology is evident in the 89dB for 1 watt/8 Ohms sensitivity achieved by these models – an unusually high sensitivity for any Transmission Line speaker and especially commendable for such slimline cabinets.
The castle Avon 5 is a 3-way speaker utilizing a special 115mm Woven Carbon Fibre midrange unit in its own enclosure with treble output from an advanced HF ribbon.
Both these units provide delicacy and sparkling detail in the way they reproduce musical instruments and voices and, together with the sophisticated acoustic-phase crossovers devised by Castle engineers, exhibit a naturally smooth and balanced sound that perfectly complements the dramatic bass output of these speakers.
And, of course, every Castle Avon speaker is finished in real wood veneers, hand crafted and polished to perfection as only Castle can.
Castle Avon – a delight both to eyes and ears.
- Sensitivity (2.83V @ 1m) 89dB
- Recommended amplifier power 25-100W
- Peak SPL 97dB
- Nominal impedance 8Ω Compatible
- Minimum impedance 3.8Ω
- Frequency response (+/-3dB) 35Hz ~ 20kHz
- Bass extension (-6dB) 30Hz
- Crossover frequency 300Hz&3.6kHz
- Cabinet Volume (in litres) 56L
- Height (on plinth) (1080+30)mm
- Width 210mm
- Depth (with terminals) (335+30)mm
- Carton size 1290*480*340mm
- Net weight 24kg/pcs
- Gross weight 26.2kg/ctn