The Creek EVOLUTION 50P is the most sophisticated and reasonably priced Power Amplifier Creek has made. It provides stunning audio performance and is capable of out-performing other makes Power Amplifiers costing many times the price.
The Creek EVOLUTION 50P uses a massive 200 Watt toroidal mains transformer with separate windings for high and low current analogue and control circuitry. This solution produces a good power to weight ratio and low magnetic interference. Creek’s design policy of connecting several small low impedance capacitors in parallel creates an ultra-high specification capacitor to smooth the DC and helps to produce a very powerful and accurate sound from such a relatively small amplifier.
This power amplifier has a similar high-end, bi-polar transistor, class A/B power amplifier circuit, to the highly rated EVOLUTION 50A. It achieves very high open-loop gain and low distortion for a smooth and powerful sound. Featuring Sanken 15 Amp power transistors, with built-in thermal compensation for rapid bias tracking performance, the EVOLUTION 50P Power Amplifier circuit has very low output impedance and is also able to deliver high output current. This combination will provide exceptional speed and control over most loudspeakers.
A simple unity gain pre-amplifier selects between balanced XLR and direct un-balanced RCA inputs, to enable the user to input two different signals and select between either, on the fly, if required. It is fully protected from over-current, over-temperature and DC faults and will trigger the output and input relays to disengage immediately if an error occurs.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION of the Creek Evolution 50P
- POWER OUTPUT >55 Watts into 8 Ohms
- >85 Watts into 4 Ohms
- >200 Watts in Bridged Mono
- CONTINUOUS CURRENT >8.5 Amps Stereo / 16 Amps Bridged Mono
- MAX CURRENT >26 Amps, Stereo
- >50 Amps, Bridged Mono
- Current bursts into 0.5 Ohm load
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE <0.1 Ohms @ 1KHz
- THD < 0.005% 20Hz – 20KHz
- SNR >102dB
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE 10Hz – 100KHz +/- 2dB Line
- GAIN 33.3dB (x46)
- INPUT SENSITIVITY 410mV
- INPUT IMPEDANCE 47k Ohms unbalanced, 30k Ohms balanced
- CROSSTALK -80dB at 1Khz
- DC OFFEST < +/-10mV
- SLEW RATE >30 V per uS
- INPUTS RCA unbalanced – XLR balanced
- OUTPUTS 1 Pair of high quality binding posts
- OPERATING VOLTAGES 110V/230V Switchable
- CONSUMPTION (AT IDLE) <20 Watts (no standby)
- (AT FULL POWER) 350 Watts
- WEIGHT 7.5Kgs
- DIMENSIONS 430x60x280mm W/H/D