The 2-way Epos K5 stand-mount loudspeaker is the entry-level model within this range of loudspeakers. The K5 surpasses expectations in its ability to deliver a wide soundstage and detailed bass from such a small unit. This little speaker also makes a wonderful AV satellite speaker or desktop companion.
Using virtual performance CAD simulation tools, Epos has achieved very high performance, and a clean, open yet smooth sound quality from this tweeter.
The K5 mid-bass drivers also benefit from a bucking-magnet system, ensuring all the magnetic force is concentrated around the voice-coil, allowing for low distortion and high efficiency.
In true Epos tradition; the K-series has reverted to a more simplistic passive crossover topology, for which the brand is synonymous.
The all new K-Series cabinet design is constructed from 15mm MDF and includes some very clever internal bracing to minimise cabinet coloration. The K-Series sees the introduction of a new front firing slot port technology. One of the key design factors included in the K-Series is the ability to upgrade into an ‘active digital’ speaker. The rear panel and passive crossover are designed to be removed and replaced with our own Active-K module. The K-Series is available in two elegant silk White or Black finishes with an optional grille being available. Both finish options give you a wonderfully luxurious look and feel to these loudspeakers.
Specifications of the Epos K5 Bookshelf Speakers
- Tweeter Epos 25mm soft dome with high-temperature voice coil, ferrofluid cooling and neodymium magnet system.
- Frequency Range 65 Hz – 30 kHz
- Grille The K5 has an optional Snap-on grille.
- Size 140 x 190 x 250mm (W x D x H)
- Internal Wiring 18 AWG stranded oxygen free copper cable.
- Weight 3.35 kg per single speaker | 9 kg per packed pair | Packaged two speakers per carton.
- Sensitivity 86dB / 2.83V@1m
- Finish Painted White or Black
- Power Handling 60 Watts unclipped speech and music
- Impedance 4 Ohm nominal
- Bass/Midrange Driver x1 101mm Epos mid bass drivers, with 25mm high-temperature voice coil and polypropylene cone