Marantz PM-KI Ruby Integrated Amplifier
SIGNATURE REFERENCE INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER
Key Features of the Marantz PM-KI Ruby Integrated Amplifier
Built To Perform
Constructed to the highest standards with copper-plated chassis to reduce mechanical and electrical interference
Complete with thoughtful engineering, painstaking tuning and extensive listening sessions, PM-KI Ruby achieves the elevated output worthy of its name.
Built to leverage enhancements, maintain the purest possible sound and supply the power needed to drive the most demanding speakers.
Balanced Power Amplification
Drawing on design elements of the PM-10, the PM-KI Ruby is built to leverage enhancements, maintain the purest possible sound and supply the power needed to drive the most demanding speakers.
Current Feedback Amplifier
Current Feedback amplification is a well-known, Marantz-original circuit technology, thoughtfully designed to match the expectations of your Hi-Res music for wide-bandwidth and ensured high-speed reproduction.
Marantz HDAM Technology
Marantz developed its own discrete circuit boards called Hyper-Dynamic Amplifier Module, or HDAM, to replace the chip-based amps used elsewhere. Using discrete surface mount components with short mirror-image left and right signal paths, the HDAM outperform the regular integrated Op-amps dramatically in Slew Rate and noise level.
Marantz Musical Premium Phono EQ
Designed to deliver optimal sound quality by simplifying the signal path, the Marantz Musical Premium Phono EQ stage in the PM-KI-Ruby amplifier can be used with both moving magnet and low-output moving coil cartridges, thanks to a built-in phono amplifier.
High-Quality Volume Control
Newly developed electric volume control uses the latest volume control IC to realize better channel separation, dynamic range and distortion-reduction while retaining the operational feel of an analogue volume control device. The amplifier employs new Marantz-designed electric volume control for high linearity and best-in-class channel separation.
Marantz has been designing and making amplifiers for more than 65 years, and for 40 of those the products have reflected the expertise of Ken Ishiwata. Now, to mark his four decades with the company, the PM-KI Ruby amplifier has been developed and tuned by a highly experienced engineering team led by KI himself. And it arrives bearing Ken Ishiwata’s signature and a special Ruby motif.
The PM-KI Ruby is built with just one aim – audio performance – which is why it uses a fully discrete two-stage design with separate power supplies for the preamplifier and power amp section, and draws on the design of the flagship PM-10 amplifier with its moving coil/moving magnet phono stage complete with Marantz Musical Premium Phono EQ circuit, and Marantz HDAM technology throughout for signal purity.
The circuitry offers the cleanest signal path through the amplifier, which delivers 100W per channel into 8ohm speakers, or 200Wpc into 4ohm, and there are high-quality nickel-plated input terminals and high-purity copper speaker connections. It’s all built on a vibration-resistant double-layer chassis, with thick aluminium panes for rigidity and a laser-etched Ken Ishiwata signature to set this apart as a very special amplifier.
Extensive and painstaking tuning has long been the secret of fine-sounding Marantz amplifiers, and for the PM-KI Ruby Ken Ishiwata and the Marantz engineering team used all their experience and expertise, both in the design of the amplifier and in the long listening sessions involved in finalising the sound. As you would expect for a product marking a 40-year career, the PM-KI Ruby is a real cause for celebration, and a fine embodiment of the Marantz ethos –‘Because music matters’.
At a glance
- Engineered and extensively tuned by a team led by Ken Ishiwata, drawing on more than 65 years of Marantz amplifier design knowledge
- Marantz high-resolution preamplifier stage using proprietary HDAM technology
- Switching power amplifier design derived from flagship PM-10 amplifier
- Generous output: 100W + 100W (8 ohm), 200W + 200W (4 ohm)
- Fully discrete two-stage design for signal purity, with separate power supplies for preamp and power amplifier sections to reduce interference
- Toroidal transformer dedicated to preamp for clarity and precision sound
- Current feedback design with newly-developed wide-range circuitry
- HDAM ® SA3 circuitry for a clean signal and optimal dynamics
- MM/MC Phono input with new discrete Marantz Musical Premium Phono EQ circuit
- Thick nickel-plated independent input terminals for CD and Phono, plus Marantz original high-quality/high-purity copper speaker terminals
- Linear volume control with new electric volume system
- High-quality construction with double-layer chassis, 5mm thick aluminium top lid, solid aluminium front and copper-plated chassis
- Laser-engraved ‘Ken Ishiwata’ signature and Ruby motif, marking Ken Ishiwata’s 40 years with Marantz