Monitor Audio 100 Bookshelf Speakers
The Monitor Audio 100 Bookshelf Speakers are handsome speakers designed to be placed on a bookshelf or mounted on a stand. With their orange bass driver cones and black C-CAM tweeters, they delight both the eyes and the ears.
The Monitor Audio 100 Bookshelf Speakers have beautifully proportioned speakers featuring a 61/2″ MMP II bass driver complemented by a 25 mm black C-CAM tweeter. With a larger bass driver and bigger cabinet, the 100s deliver a more expansive and punchy sound.
Two sets of binding post terminals on each speaker allow for bi-wiring or a bi-amp setup. To maintain their compact proportions, and to allow positioning in the most confined locations, the speakers are rear ported. The Monitor Audio 100 Bookshelf Speakers truly deliver the classic Monitor Audio sound.
Monitor Audio 100 Bookshelf Speakers Key Features
- Classic Monitor Audio speaker design with a playful twist
- Orange translucent MMP II (Metal Matrix Polymer) driver cones – adds a stylish touch
- High overall impedance (8 ohms) – easy to drive with lower power amplifiers
- 61/2″ drivers have delivered a compact bookshelf
- Black C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium Magnesium) dome tweeter – derived from Monitor Audio’s award-winning Bronze series
- HiVe II (High Velocity, Low Noise Reflex Port) technology – for improved transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother airflow
- Available in Walnut Finish
- Outrigger feet on floorstanding models deliver a sleeker appearance, takes up less floor space and improves stability
Specifications of the Monitor Audio 100 Bookshelf Speakers
44 Hz – 30 kHz
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements
30 – 100 W
Rear ported bass reflex with HiVe II port technology
Drive Unit Complement
1 x 61/2″ MMP II bass mid-range
1 x 25 mm black C-CAM tweeter
External Dimensions (Including Grille (H x W x D))
310 x 201 x 298.3 mm (123/16 x 715/16 x 113/4″)
External Dimensions (Including Grille and Feet (H x W x D))
5.12 kg (11 lb 4 oz)
The larger Monitor Audio 100 Bookshelf Speakers is a beautifully proportioned bookshelf/stand-mount speaker. To maintain the compact proportions, the cabinet is again rear ported. The driver size steps up to a 61/2” MMP II bass driver and is complemented by a 25 mm black C-CAM tweeter. The Monitor Audio 100 Bookshelf Speakers has two sets of binding post terminals, to facilitate bi-wiring or even a bi-amp setup.