Monitor Audio Monitor 50 Bookshelf Speakers
The Monitor Audio Monitor 50 modern square cabinets complement the 51/2″ MMP II drivers and 25 mm black C-CAM tweeters. By placing the tweeters in the top corner of the speakers, Monitor Audio has been able to reduce the size of the cabinet and give a unique appearance.
The compact Monitor Audio Monitor 50 are designed to be placed in a bookshelf type environment and they deliver a surprisingly powerful performance for such small speakers. Their orange driver cones ensure that they will bring fun and function to any situation.
The compact dimensions, driver technology and rear port allow the speakers to perform in the most confined locations. As the cabinet is rear ported, the output is well damped and is suitable for placement close to a wall. A single set of high quality gold plated binding posts provide the connections for a suitable amplifier. The Monitor Audio Monitor 50 certainly sound bigger than they look.
Monitor Audio Monitor 50 Bookshelf Speakers Key Features
- Classic Monitor Audio speaker design with a playful twist
- Orange translucent MMP II (Metal Matrix Polymer) driver cones – adds a stylish touch
- High overall impedance (8 ohms) – easy to drive with lower power amplifiers
- Black C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium Magnesium) dome tweeter – derived from Monitor Audio’s award-winning Bronze series
- Creative use of 51/2″ and 61/2″ drivers have delivered a compact bookshelf, floorstand model together with larger bookshelf and floorstander to complement larger rooms and higher power applications
- HiVe II (High Velocity, Low Noise Reflex Port) technology – for improved transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother airflow
- Outrigger feet on floorstanding models deliver a sleeker appearance, takes up less floor space and improves stability