Monitor Audio Silver W12 Subwoofer
The Monitor Audio Silver W12 Subwoofer 500 watt DSP controlled amplifier utilises advanced switch-mode power conversion techniques and superior processing to increase dynamic control and deliver far greater head-room. A sealed box construction ensures tight, fast and tuneful bass all the way down to a thunderous 22Hz in a typical room set up.
Technology of the Monitor Audio Silver W12 Subwoofer
• Ultra long throw 12” driver featuring concave ‘dished’ C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) cone.
• Triple suspended driver for ultimate linearity, ensuring control at high power and long excursions.
• Oversized black anodized 3” driver voice coil provides high power handling and low distortion.
• Powerful 500 watt RMS Class-D amplifier ensures instantaneous high current delivery.
• DSP processing with driver optimisation and crossover performed digitally.
• Monitor Audio developed Automatic Position Correction (APC) optimises response for room acoustics.
• USB input for firmware updates.
• Three pre-set EQ mode settings (Music, Movie, Impact).
• 12 volt trigger provides switching control from AV amp or processor.
• 25mm (1”) MDF construction.
• Heavy radial cabinet bracing.
• Top mounted control panel for easy access to main features.
• Selected real wood veneer or high gloss piano finishes.
Specifications of the Monitor Audio Silver W12 Subwoofer
• Frequency Response
20Hz (Typical IEC room)
• Upper Frequency Limit
40 – 120Hz Variable
• Low Pass Filter Alignment
Active 4th order 24dB/Octave
• Amplifier Output
• Amplifier Classification
Class-D amplifier with Switch mode power supply (SMPSU)
• Bass EQ Profiles
1: Movie, 2: Music, 3: Impact
• Phase Control
0 & 81 degrees
• Auto Sensing
Line Level >2mV
• Input Level Requirements
Standby after 20 minutes if no signal sensed
• Drive Unit Complement
1 x 12″ C-CAM® sub-woofer driver featuring triple suspension and 3″ long throw voice coil
• Trigger Input
5 – 12v via 3.5mm mono mini-jack socket
• Cabinet Dimensions: (H x W x D) (Excluding Grille and Amp)
340 x 340 x 380mm
(13 3/8 x 13 3/8 x 14 15/16 inch)
• Cabinet Dimensions: (H x W x D) (Including Grille, Amp and Feet)
370 x 340 x 410mm
(14 9/16 x 13 3/8 x 16 1/8 inch)
• Mains Input Voltage
110 – 120 Vac / 220 – 240 Vac 50/60Hz (Electronically Auto selected)
• Power Consumption
400 Watts / 0.5 Watts in Standby (ErP approved)
20.1Kg (44 lb 4 oz)