The Ortofon OM 5E is a Moving Magnet cartridge for general purpose applications.
If your tonearm has a standard headshell or a cartridge mount, then step up to optimal sound reproduction with OM’s. A glance at anyone of these cartridges will reveal Ortofon’s answer to perfect tonearm matching.
Ingeniously tucked into the top of the mounting bracket is a tiny, removable weight-plate.
If your tonearm is a standard tonearm, just leave the weight-plate. If your tonearm is one of the low mass types, then simply remove the weight. The mass of your OM cartridge is now a mere 2.5g.
OM 5E features Elliptical stylus that provides balanced and distortion-free playback.
OM 5E Technical data
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. – 4 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz – 2 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz – 22 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz – 15 dB
- Frequency range at – 3dB – 20-25.000 Hz
- Frequency response – 20-20.000 Hz ± 2 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force *) – 65 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral – 20 µm/mN
- Stylus type – Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius – r/R 8/18 µm
- Tracking force range – 1,5-2,0 g (15-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended – 1,75 g (17,5 mN)
- Tracking angle – 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance – 750 Ohm
- Internal inductance – 450 mH
- Recommended load resistance – 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance – 200-600 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus – Black/Black
- Cartridge weight incl. extra weight – 5 g
- Cartridge weight excl. extra weight – 2.5 g
- Replacement stylus unit – Stylus 5 E
There are no reviews yet.