Revel Performa3 F208 Floor-standing Speaker
Revel Performa3 F208 floor-standing speakers are true full-range loudspeakers with small footprints and sleek design. They deliver an impressive combination of the wide frequency range, uncompressed dynamic range, and low distortion across the entire audible spectrum.
Revel Performa3 F208 floor-standing speakers low-frequency and midrange transducers feature distortion reduction mechanisms that stabilize the flux field during operation, assuring low distortion even at high listening volumes. These precision transducers utilize ribbed aluminium cones for ideal piston-like behaviour that eliminates a major source of resonances that are clearly audible in most other loudspeakers. Their cast aluminium frames eliminate another source of resonances that is common in many lesser-quality loudspeakers.
These speakers employ a sophisticated fluid-model designed low-frequency port with identical flares on both ends. This greatly minimizes dynamic compression and port-generated noise, assuring low-distortion low-frequency performance. The front-firing port location expands the speakers’ installation options.
The Revel Performa3 F208 floor-standing speaker tweeter has been created around a newly-designed motor and dome assembly that sets a new standard of transparency for speakers anywhere near the Performa3’s class. The tweeter’s integrated acoustic lens waveguide is based on a breakthrough mathematical approach that accurately matches the tweeter’s dispersion to that of the midrange transducer in the crossover region.
This gives the speaker very smooth sound far off-axis – an important contributor to overall sound quality, providing consistent sound over an exceptionally wide listening area. In fact, this new waveguide actually increases the tweeter’s dispersion at higher frequencies.
The Revel Performa3 F208 floor-standing speakers are housed in enclosures that are similar to our flagship Ultima2 Series. These fully-curved enclosures are inherently stiffer than conventional box shapes and are formed with contiguous wood layers that prevent splitting. They feature strategically-oriented bracing that eliminates the possibility of enclosure-induced colouration.
These beautiful, modern enclosures are finished in high-gloss piano black or genuine American walnut in a process (developed and overseen by Italian luxury cabinet makers) that exceeds automotive finish quality.
The speaker grilles are designed to minimize sonic diffraction or veiling and provide a clean, subtle appearance. The magnetic grille attachment method completely eliminates ugly hardware on the loudspeaker baffle, so if you decide to use the loudspeakers without grilles they will look like they were designed to be used without grilles.
Highlights of the Revel Performa3 F208 floor-standing speaker
- Transducers feature motor-system distortion-reduction mechanisms that stabilize the flux field during operation
- Ribbed aluminium cones achieve piston like behaviour eliminating major sources of resonance
- New waveguides provide consistent sound over a wide listening area
- Enclosures created by Italian luxury cabinetmakers
- Fluid-model port designs keep distortion low
- Advanced crossovers optimize timbre accuracy both on-axis and throughout the room.
General Specifications of the Revel Performa3 F208 floor-standing speaker
- Net Weight: 80 lb (36 kg)
- Crossover Frequencies: 270 Hz, 2200 Hz
- Enclosure Type: Bass-reflex via Front-firing Port
- Finishes: Piano Black or High Gloss Walnut
- High-frequency Driver Components: 1” (2.5 cm) Aluminum Tweeter with Acoustic Lens Waveguide
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Input Connections: Dual Sets of Binding Posts
- Low Frequency Extension: -10dB@23Hz, -6dB@27 Hz, -3dB@31Hz
- Low-frequency Driver Components: Dual 8” (20 cm) Aluminum Cone, Cast-frame Woofers
- Mid-frequency Driver Components: 5.25” (13.3 cm) Aluminum Cone, Cast-frame Midrange
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 50-350 Watts RMS
- Sensitivity: 88.5dB
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 46.6″ x 13.5″ x 14.8″ (1182.5mm x 341.8mm x 375.3mm)
Audio Specifications of the Revel Performa3 F208 floor-standing speaker
- Net Weight 80 lb (36 kg)
- Crossover Frequencies 270 Hz, 2200 Hz
- Enclosure Type Bass-reflex via Front-firing Port
- Finishes Piano Black or High Gloss Walnut
- High-frequency Driver Components 1” (2.5 cm) Aluminum Tweeter with Acoustic Lens Waveguide
- Nominal Impedance 8 ohms
- Input Connections Dual Sets of Binding Posts
- Low Frequency Extension -10dB@23Hz, -6dB@27 Hz, -3dB@31Hz
- Low-frequency Driver Components Dual 8” (20 cm) Aluminum Cone, Cast-frame Woofers
- Mid-frequency driver Components 5.25” (13.3 cm) Aluminum Cone, Cast-frame Midrange
- Recommended Amplifier Power 50-350
- Sensitivity 88.5dB
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 46.6″ x 13.5″ x 14.8″ (1182.5mm x 341.8mm x 375.3mm)