Pioneer A-40AE Integrated Amplifier
ENHANCE YOUR AUDIO WITH PIONEERS NEW DIRECT ENERGY TECHNOLOGY
The latest integrated amplifier from Pioneer created under the original Direct Energy concept incorporates the newly developed Direct Energy Design, pursuing a high S/N ratio to create an overwhelming and life-like sound field. With features including isolated power supply, custom-made large capacitors, Direct Function, Power Amp Direct Mode, aluminium volume knob/front panel, and phono MM input, you can enjoy crisp, clear sound just as intended by the artists.
ISOLATED POWER SUPPLY
The windings for the power amplifier, pre-amplifier, and controls are each separated inside the power transformer to prevent mutual noise interference.
PIONEER-EXCLUSIVE ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS
The main capacitor, which determines an amplifier’s audio quality, was developed in collaboration with ELNA. The Pioneer logo on the sleeve shows that it is an exclusive pure audio capacitor.
The Pioneer A-40AE features Direct Function, which bypasses other circuits except for the volume to offer a pure listening experience suitable for musical content. The function is not just a simple switching but is finely tuned to enhance the musicality.
ANTI-STANDING WAVE INSULATORS
The Anti-Standing Wave Insulator features a special form with no parallel sides inside to prevent cavity resonance. This makes the sound localisation, tone, and scale clearer, while also contributing to a seamless connection between the channels and improved response to quick sound.
NON-MAGNETIC MATERIAL SPEAKER TERMINALS
The speaker terminals use non-magnetic material, which is less susceptible to external noise and transmits signals to the speakers at high purity. The Pioneer A-40AE is equipped with two sets of speaker outputs (A, B) that can be used individually or in parallel, as well as transparent high-grade speaker terminals for a reliable connection.
PHONO (MM) INPUT
The Pioneer A-40AE is equipped with a phono input (MM) terminal, letting you connect a turntable for enjoying a quality audio performance from vinyl records.
The optical and coaxial digital inputs let you connect your TV or other audio players and enjoy quality sound. Hi-Res Audio is also supported, with the capacity to process up to 192 kHz sampling rates.
ALUMINIUM VOLUME KNOB AND FRONT PANEL
The Pioneer A-40AE features an aluminium volume knob with a solid, high grade feel and style. The simple aluminium front panel also adds a touch of elegance to the audio experience.
DIRECT ENERGY DESIGN/DIRECT ENERGY CONSTRUCTION
Pioneer’s Direct Energy Design is based on the Direct Energy Concept—lossless transfer of energy from the amplifier to the speakers. Inheriting this philosophy, the latest integrated amplifiers feature optimised power supply/output circuit blocks, as well as parts layout. The result is excellent signal transfer and high S/N ratio. Additionally, the Pioneer A-40AE adopts the newly developed Direct Energy Construction, which supplies power to the substrate by layering a separate substrate for the shortest possible power supply path via a wire. This is because wires have inductance components and are likely to cause noise. With this significant revision, signal loss and noise can be further reduced to deliver audio with a wide sound field and clear sound image.
Specifications of the Pioneer A-40AE Integrated Amplifier
- 60 W + 60 W (20 Hz-20 kHz, THD 0.5 %, 4 ohms, 2ch Driven)
- 30 W + 30 W (20 Hz-20 kHz, THD 0.4 %, 8 ohms, 2ch Driven)
- Guaranteed Speaker Impedance (2 Speaker Terminals): 4-16 ohms (A or B, Bi-Wiring), 8-32 ohms (A+B)
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz-100 kHz +1 dB/-3 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (IHF-A) 106 dB (LINE In, SP Out), 81 dB (PHONO In, SP Out)
- Direct Energy Design/Direct Energy Construction
- Clean Ground Construction
- Isolated Power Supply Circuits
- Wolfson 192 kHz/24-bit D/A Converter
- Custom-Made ELNA Capacitors
- Hi-Res Audio Compatible
- Direct Function
- Power Amp Direct Mode
- Speaker A + B
- Tone Control (Bass/Treble)
- Balance Control
- Aluminium Volume Knob
- Aluminium Front Panel
- 1.6 mm-Thick Rigid Steel Chassis
- Anti-Standing Wave Insulators
- Auto Standby
- Power Requirements: AC 220-230 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 150 W
- Power Consumption During Standby: 0.2 W
- Analogue Audio Inputs (Gold Plated): PHONO (MM), CD/SACD, LINE 1, LINE 2, LINE 3, LINE 4, P.AMP DIRECT
- Digital Audio Inputs: Optical, Coaxial (Gold Plated)
- Analogue Audio Output: LINE OUT (Gold Plated)
- Phones Output
- SR In/Out
- AC Inlet (Large Type)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 129 x 323 mm
- Weight: 8.2 kg