Wharfedale SLIM BASS 8 Subwoofer
Drop the bass! SLIM BASS 8 is a compact, active subwoofer from Wharfedale. Featuring a custom engineered, 200mm (8”) long throw driver and high-power built-in amplifier, capable of 400W peak power output, SLIM BASS 8 is set to deliver a new dimension to your home cinema experience with astounding bass impact, without breaking the bank.
Designed to be placed in tight spaces, under your sofa for instance, or against a side wall in an apartment or bedroom, this technologically advanced subwoofer has a depth of a mere 30cm, so you can find the space for it to spur your home cinema experience. Limited space, but unlimited bass!
Designed for under-the-sofa use or placement where space is considered. Not only does this mean the SLIM BASS 8 oﬀers amazing low-frequency extension, it means you don’t need to crank the volume to feel the bass! Don’t annoy the neighbours but still enjoy your movies!
Music, games, movies
The onboard DSP ensures the SLIM BASS 8 handles low-frequencies with precision, whether your enjoying music, playing video games or relaxing with a movie.
The built-in ampliﬁer is optimised for high impact at low frequencies. Ideal for movies or music.
Designed to rumble
Specially engineered paper cone with increased self-damping properties, improved transit impact and in turn, an increased structural rigidity of the cone itself for a fuller performance.
Cool in tight spaces
Copper lined vents not only reduce the magnetic distortion, they also help improve heat dissipation, keeping things cool!
Specifications of the Wharfedale SLIM BASS 8 Subwoofer
- General Description Active dynamic-drive IB subwoofer system
- Design Philosophy And Core Technology 1x (8″) 200mm cone long-throw
- Transducer Complement 200mm long throw bass driver
- Input Sensitivity 200mv for maximum output
- Ampliﬁer Power Output 200W
- Peak Power Output 400W
- Peak SPL 108dB
- Frequency Response (+/-3dB) 35Hz ~ 120Hz
- Bass Extension (-6dB) 30Hz
- Crossover Frequency 100Hz ~ 150Hz
- Signal-to-noise Ratio (S/N) ≥85dB
- Special Features Phase inversion
- Variable ﬁlter slope
- High pass output
- Low pass ﬁlter slope adjustment
- Auto on/oﬀ
- Dimensions (HxWxD) (170+19) x 601 x 305mm
- Net Weight 11.0kg
- Finish Black sandex