Q Acoustics 5010 Bookshelf Speaker
The Q Acoustics 5010 bookshelf speaker strikes the perfect balance between modest size and impressive sound capabilities. Its unassuming profile allows it to blend seamlessly into any space, yet its sound quality is so remarkable that it demands attention. This discreet and compact loudspeaker delivers off-the-scale performance, offering an immersive audio experience that easily captivates listeners. Whether you seek exceptional sound in a limited space or simply appreciate high-performance audio, the 5010 bookshelf speaker is the ideal choice for elevating your listening pleasure.
KEY FEATURES of the Q Acoustics 5010 Bookshelf Speaker
- C3 Continuous Curved ConeTM design in the mid/bass driver ensures smoother high-frequency integration with the tweeter and superior bass dynamics.
- Sophisticated, clean and contemporary design with dark acrylic baffle motif mirrors the minimalist C3 Continuous Curved ConeTM profile.
- Available in four stylish finishes: Satin Black,Satin White, Santos Rosewood and Holme Oak.
- With a design taken from the Concept series but in a new housing, the high-frequency driver is fully hermetically sealed and mechanically isolated from the front baffle to protect from internal cabinet pressure and resonances from the mid/bass driver.
- Ground-up mid/bass driver design delivers increased power handling.
- Point-2-PointTM (P2P) internal bracing stiffens the cabinet to minimise lower frequency vibrations, while focusing stereo imaging and improving soundstage
Ahead of the curve
The new 5000 series from Q Acoustics is a range of stereo and home cinema loudspeakers that will recalibrate your perceptions of how a speaker can look and sound. By embodying genuine and significant advancement in driver design, the game-changing C3 Continuous Curved Cone™ mid/bass driver elevates the 5000 series beyond any nominal rival. By incorporating the innovative cabinet technology first deployed in the company’s flagship Concept range, the 5000 series is as uncompromised on the inside as it is sophisticated and contemporary on the outside
Sophisticated and contemporary design
The reductive nature of the C3 Continuous Curved Cone’s™ appearance is also reflected in the 5000 series minimalist design, with its sophisticated but contemporary lines leaning towards the elegant form of the latest Concept speaker series. The baffle fronts are laminated with a layer of butyl rubber and black acrylic trim, not only to provide a damping layer to suppress vibration occurring in the baffle, but to offer an eye-catching counterpoint to the cosmetically clean front presentation uninterrupted by any fixings.
Mid/bass driver design
At the heart of the ground-up mid/bass driver design is the C3 Continuous Curved Cone™. The cone’s geometry requires good motor strength for optimal performance. Substantial magnets are coupled to large voice coils to increase motor strength – the result is a 50% increase in power handling and control over a comparable driver with 25.4 mm voice coil. The result is an improvement in the dynamic range of the speaker, especially in the bass region.
High-frequency driver design
Based on the tweeter design principle found in the newest Concept series, the high frequency driver unit is hermetically sealed and mechanically isolated (floating) from the baffle to prevent internal pressure modulations from within the cabinet and adjacent mid/bass driver. The inner chamber is also carefully vented for lower distortion, with a lower crossover point for seamless integration through the crossover region.
C3 Continuous Curved Cone™
A genuine advancement in elements of mid/bass driver design, the C3 Continuous Curved Cone™ profile is the result of extensive research and expert engineering to combine the bass performance benefits of a traditional straight conic cone with the high/mid-range frequency control of a flared cone.
By creating a single, smooth, continuous curve profile, the advantages are clear. Its excellent dispersion, alongside its well-controlled frequency response and reduced harmonic distortion, enables smoother integration with the tweeter. Deep bass dynamics are also superior, with this and tighter, damped low-end sound allowing more flexibility in in placement of speakers near the wall boundaries of the listening room.
SPECIFICATIONS of the Q Acoustics 5010 Bookshelf Speaker
- Bass unit 1 x 110 mm (4.5 in)
- Treble unit1 x 25 mm (1.0 in)
- Frequency response(-6dB) 56Hz – 30 kHz
- Nominal impedance 6 Ω
- Minimum impedance 3.3 Ω
- Sensitivity (2.83V @ 1kHz)86.3 dB/w/m
- Recommended amplifier power 15-90 W
- Crossover frequency 2.5 kHz
- Effective volume 5.0 L
- Dimensions (per loudspeaker / HxWxD)264 x 160 x 263 mm (10.4 x 6.3 x 10.4 in)
- Weight (per loudspeaker) 5.6 kg (12.3 lbs)