(Polymer / Compressed Sorbothane)
Isolators have an updated design with a hollow so as to arrest micro-vibrations in a more efficient manner – also note that the colour of the isopods is now BLACK
Each IsoPOD is individually moulded with our proprietary blend of platinum-cured silicones that have been formulated for maximum micro-vibration absorption.
The new black versions have been “hollowed” out since the previous solid piece was not as efficient in absorbing as the current version
This hollow gives the product “play” and hence a better damping capability. The hollow also allowed it to create a vacuum and stick onto the shelf.
We also started using Black Silicon as opposed to Grey neoprene ( earlier Version ) to get the stiffness/softness to DURO 40
As an effective isolator, it delivers a full-bodied quick, highly articulate result with amazing linear extension. Works equally well with solid-state and tube components. Does not “ooze,” mar, or discolour surfaces.
Vibrations produced by items like turntable motors, transformers in other electrical or electronic devices travel to the platter and causes unwanted vibrations that smear the audio signal.
Micro-vibrations induced in equipment cabinets smear and distort the audio signal. A smeared signal loses its precise attack, robs it of three dimensionality, homogenises voices and instruments – qualities you work so hard to achieve in your audio system.
Our visco-elastic footer helps to drain off these tiny but harmful vibes from your gear and also helps to isolate your gears from vibrations emanating or transmitted from your equipment support.
- IsoPOds under non-suspended turntables decreases the probability of problems with acoustic feedback.
- Between your electronics and your shelf to eliminate vibrations that produce distorted signals which add fuzz, glare and sibilance to the music signal
- As an interface between a bookshelf speaker and the top of your cabinet/stand OR between a loudspeaker cabinet and a damping weight. (A polished granite slab, sandstone, paving block, ceramic tile, or other material placed on top of a loudspeaker cabinet or subwoofer can help to stabilize cabinet vibrations.) Using “IsoPOD” as an interface makes these materials even more effective and at the same time eliminates any sonic character the material might introduce.
- Also great under vibration-control platforms and other general decoupling applications where a semi-firm interface is desired.
- Place a set of 4 pieces one in each corner about an inch from the edges
- You can also place 6 for a sandwich construction
- Place a set of 3 pieces ( in the form of an equilateral triangle below your equipment if you have levelling issues due to inaccuracies in your floor/shelf